Wednesday, September 10, 2008

An adventurous day....

Today has been crazy.....I got cursed out by one of my girl students today. She dropped the f-bomb on me in front of the whole class. Good times. Then we had to spend the afternoon getting our classrooms ready for Hurricane Ike. That's right, hurricane. Apparently it has a bulls eye on us and the district cancelled classes for the rest of the week (along with all the other districts around us). The town seems to be in a bit of a frenzy, some gas stations are out of gas, supplies such as water and batteries are selling like hot cakes, the bank had about 20 cars in the drive thru when I went (I didn't stop either). Right now there is a voluntary evacuation, but a mandatory evacuation is going to happen. Just not sure when it will be put into place. My dad has spent the afternoon boarding up the house. There are already houses boarded up all over the place, along with the giant grocery store boarding its windows too. Towns around us are evacuating, so I'm sure traffic is going to be interesting. Hopefully not a nightmare. I'm still not sure where we're heading. At first we were thinking San Antonio, but now we're not so sure that's far enough away, so we may end of in Oklahoma for several days. My first hurricane, and from what it sounds it's going to be a doozy. Category 3 possibly 4 when it hits land. For those of you who don't know, Victoria is only 30 miles from the water. Guess we'll see what happens. I just hope the house is in one piece when we get back.

No comments: